· Support for 3D and media types, to incorporate vector art, text, video, audio, images and real-time animation tools.
· Real-time modern visual interface to build complicated layouts.
· Ability to integrate data sources and import external resources.
· Fully customizable and reusable controls.
· Efficient collaboration with Visual Studio 2005 to share projects and allow designers and developers to work efficiently as a team.
The minimum requirements for Expression Blend are as follows :
· Operating System: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista
· Processor: 1.0 GHZ Intel or AMD processor with MMX or equivalent
· Memory: Minimum 512 MB RAM (1 GB is recommended)
· HDD: 350 MB
· Video Card : Graphic processor with DirectX® capability
· Display: 1024 * 768 monitor resolution with 24-bit color
Downloading and Installing Expression Blend
Let us take a look of how we can download and install Expression Blend. To do so, browse to the url
As shown above, the installation is shown for both Vista and XP. When installing on XP, you will need to install .NET Framework 3.0 which is otherwise natively integrated with the Windows Vista OS.
Note : In order to edit code behind file (.cs or .vb), you will need Visual Studio 2005 installed on your machine. Expression Blend does not provide the feature of editing code behind files.
Clicking on the ‘Download and install Expression Blend (25.5 MB)’ link, takes you to the download page as shown below.
This page also contains the Installation Instructions and System Requirements along with a few other useful links.
Well that is it. The installation is pretty simple and once you have Expression Blend installed, let us dive into this wonderful tool to create our next-gen UX applications.
That was a whirlwind tour of getting started with Expression Blend. In the coming articles, we will explore the interface of Expression Blend. We will also dive into the details of creating projects and utilizing the tools provided in Blend to create the next generation user interface.