Expression Web 4 Add-Ins
Posted by: Minal Agarwal
in Category Expression Web
Abstract: Expression Web 4 add-ins is a new feature of Expression Web 4 wherein installation of add-ins is made easy plus you can create your own add-ins. This article is an overview of Expression Web 4 Add-Ins.
Expression Web ‘Add-ins’ are supplemental programs that enhance and extend the capabilities of Microsoft Expression Web by adding custom commands and specialized features. Though Add-Ins or add-ons is not a new concept to Expression Web 4, creating your add-ins within Expression Web and super easy installation is definitely something you will experience for the first time.
An add-in can have toolbar buttons, menu items, dialogs, buttons and panels. So with add-ins you can transform your website to have something within few seconds which could otherwise take days or sometimes weeks to generate.
There have been Add-ins earlier, what’s new in Expression Web 4 Add-Ins?
How do I configure an Expression Web 4 Add-in in Expression Web 4?
1. Download the Expression Web 4 Add-in (.xadd) and save it onto your machine.
2. In Expression Web 4, go to Tools > Add-Ins…
This launches the Manage Add-ins dialog box as shown below:
3. If you are installing an add-in for the first time, the dialog box will be empty. Click on the Install… button, browse to the add-in file. The Expression Web 4 add-in file has a ‘.xadd’ extension. This type of add-in file is to be installed directly in Expression Web, without any installer.
4. Click on Open, to open it. A dialog box showing the details of the add-in will be prompted as shown below:
5. Click ‘Yes’ to install. The add-in now appears in the Manage-Add-ins dialog box.
6. Click OK and is now ready to use.
7. To use this add-in, go to Panels > Add-In > Payment Buttons for Paypal.
Some Expression Web 4 Add-Ins:
Here are some Expression Web add-ins you can use:
I hope the article was useful to you. We will learn about how to create your own add-ins in our next article.