Looking Back At the Year 2010 and the New Year 2011 @DotNetCurry
Posted by: Suprotim Agarwal
in Category General Topics
Abstract: A very Happy New Year 2011 to all of you! We plan to start the first post of this year with a recap of what the site and its authors achieved in 2010. We will also layout some plans that we have for 2011.
We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce
A very Happy New Year 2011 to all of you! We plan to start the first post of this year with a recap of what the site and its authors achieved in 2010. As the new year 2011 begins, we will share some thoughts on how we are planning to reach out to our readers with a daily spoon of .NET knowledge.
Achievements and News at DotNetCurry.com @2010
- Our author Malcolm Sheridan was awarded the MVP title (Most Valuable Professional) by Microsoft for his contributions to the .NET community.
- Minal Agarwal, Subodh Sohoni, Shoban Kumar and Suprotim Agarwal were re-awarded the MVP title by Microsoft.
- One of our resolutions made in the beginning of 2010 was to publish one quality article every alternate day, and kudos to our team of authors and support, we have delivered on that! Under all normal circumstances, we promise the same and much much more this year.
- We also introduced articles on new technologies like ASP.NET MVC 3, .NET 4.0, Entity Framework 4.0, Visual Studio 2010 and Sharepoint 2010, just to name a few
- DotNetCurry.com scaled new heights in popularity and acceptance. Its visitor base for the year 2010 was over 4 million unique visitors with thousands of RSS Subscribers, Registered users, Twitter and Facebook friends.
- Aamir Hassan, Ravi Keshwani and Sumit Maitra joined our author panel. We welcome all of them and an open invitation to all those who want to share their knowledge and make a difference.
- Founder of this site, Suprotim Agarwal, also released the first eBook on jQuery and ASP.NET which also contained contributions from Malcolm.
What’s New at DotNetCurry.com @2011
- We will continue publishing articles on new technologies incuding ASP.NET, MVC 3, jQuery, Silverlight, WP7, .NET, Visual Studio, Entity Framework, Expression Web HTML 5 and the ones that will release this year. We will also focus our efforts on covering WPF and Sharepoint 2010 this year.
- We are introducing a new category called 'Design Patterns' and 'Windows Azure' in a couple of weeks. We will also be focusing on articles that will show you how to create High Preformance Web applications and Architect ASP.NET sites.
- We have not been able to do many screencasts last year. Watch out for a lot more videos and screencasts this year.
- Just like last year, watch out for a lot of other Contests, Giveaways and other goodies.
- Much more that we plan as a surprise, so can't share them now (sorry!)
Some Popular Articles published in 2010
We have selected and published a couple of articles that became popular with our readers and received good feedback. We also announced our Author of the Year award. Here is a summary
Most Popular .NET Articles in 2010 and Author of the Year
Support and Feedback
It is the ‘U’ in ‘Us’ that drives this site. A lot of our article topics and new catgories originate from the regular feedback and suggestions that you send us. So remember to continue sending your comments and feedback at https://www.dotnetcurry.com/Contact.aspx and help us make this site as useful as it can be!
On behalf of the entire DotNetCurry team, I wish 2011 be YOUR year to achieve all your goals. We will always do our bit to share our knowledge via our content and help you achieve thses goals.
Do not forget to Subscribe to our Feed, Join us on Twitter or our Facebook page, if you haven’t already done so!